From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] RFC: etiquette enforcment
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:09:56
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 03:41:03PM -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
> Preventing abuse of short term ban powers: > one of the first things that everyone will(and should) be worried about > is this group abusing their powers. To prevent the enforcement group > from abusing their powers, the following safety checks would be put into > place. > [list of safety checks removed]
Makes a lot of sense, a review process usually picks up most unfair decisions, and if they slip through there are still further instances to talk to. While it may be a big change to some, careful moderation of the lists may help bring down the amount of flames and trolling a bit. We have both moderation as well as a review process on the forums and imo the concept works quite well there. It sometimes really pities me to see behaviour on -dev that gives you a clear ban on the forums (e.g. clear personal attacks such as namecalling). cheers, Wernfried -- Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org Gentoo Forums: IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org