From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:27:38
On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 11:21:33AM -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 08:52 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote: > > I said from the beginning that I had not written up a proposal for it. > > Why? Because i wanted some form of discussion first so that i could get > > a feel for people's concerns and thoughts on it besides those who i've > > already talked to. Proposals are great and all, but it helps when you > > actually see what people expect first... > > Since we are talking about a displinary process, my expectation is to > see a documented, open process that is as fair and balanced as we as an > organization can be. > > I expect that the facts will be documented. I expect that the persons > making the decision will be as impartial as fully possible. I expect > that any decisons that contain adverse consequences to be well thought > out and documented. >
Nobody said anything about openness or documenting things or anything, that really has nothing to do with having separate groups at all. The point is that separate groups are a pointless complication that won't help anything. That does not affect documenting things in the least. -- Jon Portnoy avenj/ -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>