From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:42:46
Paul Varner wrote:
> My gut reaction to reading this proposal was no! While I can see a need > for reducing the number of people involved with a complaint, I firmly > feel that in order to ensure fairness in the complaint process that > there needs to be checks and balances in place. The recent changes to > split the investigative from the judical side of developer relations and > make everything transparent as possible does much to accomplish this. > > I strongly feel that moving back to a small committee would be a step > backwards in that respect.
Why can't a small committee be fair? Where are the checks and balances in the "new" structure? I see one group investigating, another deciding the punishment, but no insurance that the latter group won't go overboard with punishment or give people a slap on the wrist for a major problem. I agree that transparency is a good thing, but I disagree that increasing the bureaucracy does much besides increase the time necessary to get anything done. Thanks, Donnie -- gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>