From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:13:49
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 12:51:23AM -0500, Jason Huebel wrote:
> So here's my proposal: mob rule. :-) If someone is truely out of line, I say > we let the devs take their objections to private email to let the offending > party know that their attitude is not acceptable.
Which is exactly what does not work - e.g. people replying back to the ML even though a mail was sent in private. Most people would consider this a breach of etiquette and even if they complain to the guy who did it he still may continue not to care.
> But in ML's, we remain > polite (maybe "civil" is a better word) and discuss the issue at hand-- even > if the discussion is heated. I'm sure everyone agrees that public lists are > not the place for personal attacks. Considering that this has always been > the consensus, we should all be able to excerise some restraint and take > personal issues to private email. > > Basically, my point is that Gentoo problems belong on Gentoo ML's. But > personal conflicts don't. If a dev doesn't follow that common sense approach, > then mob rule will prevail. ;-)
Maybe i don't quite understand what you mean with mob rule, what exactly would it do (e.g. in the example i mentioned above)? cheers, Wernfried -- Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org Gentoo Forums: IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment] Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>