From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Cc: devrel@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] A few changes in Developer Relations
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:40:32
Hi all.

There's been a few changes in Developer Relations today. Developer
Relations have a private channel where we can discuss ongoing complaints
in privacy and from time to time vent some frustrations without taking
it out on random developers. Needless to say we have a policy that
whatever is said in the private channel stays private.

There's been leaks in the past and yesterday one devrel member pasted
parts of a conversation to somebody outside devrel. I believe I've been
very explicit in the past about leaks being completely unacceptable but
as this obviously isn't honored by all I've made the following changes
effective immediately:

- The access list for the private channel have been cleaned up so only
  members of the conflict resolution team and myself have access. Other
  devrel members can be /invite'd if/when neccessary.

- I've kicked out several people from devrel due to either inactivity or
  no clearly defined role in devrel. The developer who leaked the
  conversation is among those according to logs I've been presented.
  Mail aliases, devrel pages and bugzilla permissions have also been
  cleaned up at the same time.

- I've notified devrel and the now former devrel members about all of
  this and explained my reasons. If anybody have any complaints about
  this I'd ask you to contact me by /msg or email.

- There will be further cleaning up of at least recruiters but I need to
  talk to Mike Doty (kingtaco) before doing that.

Bryan Østergaard
gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list