From: Michael Tindal <urilith@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Re: [gentoo-core] Devrel Proposal
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:08:25
1 Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > I sent this to gentoo-core yesterday, but gentoo-core seems to be
3 > missing in action. I am not sure who, if anyone, received it.
4 > gentoo-devrel is the intended audience, anyway.
5 >
6 > If you are seeing your second or third copy of this message, I
7 > apologise, but I can't tell what mail sent to @genroo.org addresses
8 > yesterday made it, which are still queued, and which are lost.
9 > ===============================================
10 >
11 > I have now read http://dev.gentoo.org/~urilith/devrel-proposal.txt
12 > and still like it a lot. At this point, I'd like to suggest a few textual
13 > changes which have no effect on the proposal besides wording changes:
14 >
15 > 1. As I mentioned previously, I think the procedure we are discussing
16 > is better described as a hearing rather than a trial (but the verb
17 > 'tried' is fine with me).
18 > 2. In the spirit of point 1, I'd change 'Defendant' to 'Respondent'
19 > since the developer involved is responding to a complaint more
20 > than defending an action. (And, it's a "kinder, gentler" word.)
21 > 3. For uniformity, I'd try to keep the final policy in present tense
22 > imperative (rather than subjunctive, unless subjunctive is
23 > intended for expressing a preference rather than a requirement). 4.
24 > The last word of the proposal is actually spelled 'moot'.
25 >
26 > Sorry to seem excessively pedantic (well, picky), but if people agree with
27 > me on any of these, we are talking editing changes which have no
28 > substantive effect (oe at least, I don't intend any), and are more easily
29 > done now than later.
30 >
31 > I'm picking at this because I like it. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't
32 > care how it read.
33 >
34 > Regards,
35 > Ferris
36 >
37 > --
38 > Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
39 > Developer, Gentoo Linux (sparc)
40
41 Okay, I've made the changes I could find. I also can't believe I put
42 mute instead of moot, thanks for catching that!
43
44 In any case, the new version has been uploaded.
45
46 Mike Tindal