From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: [gentoo-core] RFC: quiz and mentoring periods
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:33:39
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:11:49 -0700 (PDT) Deedra Waters
<dmwaters@g.o> wrote:
| 1. the current quiz will be used for the initial quiz when a new dev
| bug is filed.
| 2. The new dev must complete a second more complicated quiz before
| they are made a dev. The second quiz will be made up of ciaranm's bash
| quiz, plus other material that I will get from those of you who would
| like to contribute to the second quiz. (Note, the material must be
| documented)

That sounds reasonable. If additional material for the second quiz is
required, I could add in a few more questions covering eclasses / sed /
dependencies / arch issues / other things people usually screw up...

Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail            : ciaranm at
Web             :

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-devrel] Re: [gentoo-core] RFC: quiz and mentoring periods Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>