From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: [gentoo-core] Michael Cummings (mcummings) and the return
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:50:44
1 On Saturday 05 November 2005 03:16, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 03:03:55AM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > 69 days since his farewell mail, by my count.
4 >
5 > Oops, you're correct. I don't have -core archives, and I based that on
6 > a comment he made on his retirement bug (the comment was dated
7 > September).
8
9 No probs...
10
11 > > While I like mcummings - he took perl-related portage functionality
12 > > (including a portage of the bugs ;) and improved it - I personally don't
13 > > really like the special casing of when procedures need and apply and when
14 > > they need not. If the procedures are a problem then fix them (which
15 > > should be a team effort); don't just bypass them when you feel they don't
16 > > apply.
17 >
18 > A more than fair point. Perhaps we should talk about what the rules are
19 > for returning devs. I'm holding his reinstatement in the meanwhile.
20
21 I'd prefer he be reinstated actually - I'm pretty sure we have no hardcore
22 perl people at the moment. I'm just pointing out that if the current policies
23 and/or procedures don't fit the bill, they should be revised rather than be
24 side-stepped.
25
26 CC'ing gentoo-devrel@g.o as I imagine that's where discussion of what should
27 be done now and/or in the future should lie...
30 Jason Stubbs
31 --
32 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list