From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:19:50
1 All,
2
3 Most of you if not all know why i've been so absent over the past
4 several weeks. Now that things are settling back down, I want to revisit
5 the old topic of how devrel handles complaints etc. I've got 1 major
6 change that i would like to make to the devrel policy for how complaints
7 are handled.
8 A lot of people have told me after the fact that having seperate
9 judicial and investigative branches make things too complicated and the
10 end result is too much red tape. Some disagree and think that things
11 won't/aren't too complicated.
12
13 Here's what i want to do.
14
15 Basically, for the most part, the transparency of how complaints are
16 handled stays the same. The only thing i really want to change, is that
17 i think that a commitee of say 3 to 5 people handles a complaint from
18 beginning to end. Basically, i think that this is much simpler, and the
19 devrel members i've mentioned it to seem to like this idea. The big
20 thing for most people is that what ever happens, the transparency needs
21 to stay, and i completely agree there.
22
23 So, 1. I'd like to see some discussion over the next couple of days to
24 get feedback, and 2. I'd like to shoot for 1800 UTC on friday for a
25 meeting.
26
27 Thoughts?
28
29 Deedra
33 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
34 dmwaters@g.o
35 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
38 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list