From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Suspended devs and -core
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:55:30
1 On Monday 06 June 2005 01:27 pm, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > My understanding is that a dev who is suspended loses all access to
3 > -core. Is that right? Assuming so, it occurs to me that if we expect
4 > the dev to come back (and I assume we do, or the dev would be expelled
5 > instead of suspended), then perhaps it would make more sense to only remove
6 > write access to -core, while leaving read access? An alternative would
7 > be if we archived -core, and the newly reinstated dev could then read
8 > the archives, but read-only access seems simpler. The rationale is that
9 > in those rare cases where suspended devs return, it benefits Gentoo if
10 > the suspended dev is able to stay up to date.
11
12 I have no problem with it.. I assume that people will forward threads to a
13 suspended dev anyway, so may as well have it.
14
15 -C
18 Corey Shields
19 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
20 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
21 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields