From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] RFC: experienced mentors
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:23:51
hi all,

In the devrel meeting we discussed who should mentor new devs. What was
discussed, was only experienced devs should mentor new devs. Experienced
meaning someone who has been in gentoo for at least six months. How
ever, any newer devs can suggest new devs, but the new dev must be
mentored by an experienced dev.

The exception to this rule is project leads.

My question to you all, is what do you concidder experienced? 3 months,
4 months, 5 months, 6 months? Personally, I'd not go higher then 6

Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
Gentoo linux: