From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: proctors@g.o
Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Equal treatment of developers in violation of policy
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:32:54
1 On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 02:35:47PM +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > [snip]
3 > So I think the answer to hparker's question is that we try very hard
4 > to treat all violators the same way; fundamental fairness demands it.
5 > If you step back a bit from the ciaranm hearing, you will see that the
6 > entire stage 2, 3 process was active in that case.
7
8 I think it's the same here, if any difference should be made, higher
9 standards should be kept for developers as they represent Gentoo as a
10 whole. How much of a difference dev status should make - no idea, i
11 don't recall having this discussed with the proctors folks (yet), so
12 this rather only my personal opinion.
13
14 cheers,
15 Wernfried
18 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
19 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
20 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org