From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc-el@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc-el] Μετάφραση printing-howto.xml
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:09:44
1 Hi Vassili,
2
3 On 23/08/05, Ëïýñäáò Âáóßëåéïò <lourdas_v@×××××.gr> wrote:
5 [snip]
6 > Ãåéá ÷áñÜ êáé ðÜëé,
7 >
8 > ÌÜëëïí ï êüóìïò åßíáé óå äéáêïðÝò (ôé ðåñßåñãï å;) ãéá íá ìçí áðáíôÞóåé
9 > êÜðïéïò óôï ðñïçãïýìåíï ìÞíõìÜ ìïõ. Ôï bug ðáñáìÝíåé áíïéêôü.
10 >
11 > ÁõôÜ, Üíôå êáé êáëü öèéíüðùñï óéãÜ óéãÜ! :-p
12 > - --
13
14 I just joined the list and still looking into how to set up my box to
15 be able to type in Greek!
16
17 With regards to your translation:
18 Since I do not know, is it meant to be verbatim or is there some
19 poetic license with respect to using first/third person and tense of
20 the verb in a sentence? i.e. how strict is the translation meant to
21 be?
22
23 Also, what's the accepted way (format) of suggested corrections and is
24 there an application (xml editor?) one should use?
25
26 PS. Any chance of a quick howto set my machine so that I can type in
27 Greek within an editable text box; e.g. writing this email using a
28 mail client, or a browser with the webmail interface? I do not want
29 the application interface (menus, buttons, etc.) to be shown in Greek,
30 only the editable text box area of an application. I still need to be
31 able to use terminals in English and if necessary switch between
32 Greek/English as I work along. I don't mind the fact that my keyboard
33 is GB layout, I know or guess the position of the Greek characters so
34 I shouldn't need to change the .xmodmap.
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick
40 gentoo-doc-el@g.o mailing list