From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:13:47
Xavier Neys wrote:
>> This implies manual changing of several files which is not good, IMHO. > > > Why? We change a small number of docs once, then forget about them. > Do you think it is better to introduce more code, more complexity to be > maintained, more stuff to be executed on each and every doc request? > Is that your definition of better?
I'm not familiar with inner workings of gorg/axkit and I don't know anything about speed issues or expensiveness of XML transformations, sorry.
> If we mark some files as unmaintained, we're also telling our users that > non-marked files *are* maintained.
Good point, but IMHO we are now telling that *everything* is maintained ("file is on -> it's official").
> You should try to think about feasibility, implementation & consequences > first.
That's why I included "[RFC]" in the subject. I don't know if it is possible and worth the effort, I'm just asking. Cheers, -jkt -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o>