From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:13:47
1 Xavier Neys wrote:
2 >> This implies manual changing of several files which is not good, IMHO.
5 > Why? We change a small number of docs once, then forget about them.
6 > Do you think it is better to introduce more code, more complexity to be
7 > maintained, more stuff to be executed on each and every doc request?
8 > Is that your definition of better?
9
10 I'm not familiar with inner workings of gorg/axkit and I don't know
11 anything about speed issues or expensiveness of XML transformations, sorry.
12
13 > If we mark some files as unmaintained, we're also telling our users that
14 > non-marked files *are* maintained.
15
16 Good point, but IMHO we are now telling that *everything* is maintained
17 ("file is on gentoo.org -> it's official").
18
19 > You should try to think about feasibility, implementation & consequences
20 > first.
21
22 That's why I included "[RFC]" in the subject. I don't know if it is
23 possible and worth the effort, I'm just asking.
24
25 Cheers,
26 -jkt
29 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth