From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Xorg Documentation Suggestion
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 04:50:09
1 >>> Also, when I emerged xorg, it pulled in evdev, keyboard and mouse
2 >>> drivers as I have them set in make.conf.
3 >>>
4 > That's interesting.... it raises a question - at least to myself - if
5 > there's a particular USE setting to trigger evdev. Examination of
6 > the /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc file shows no indication of such. Is
7 > there some other indicator that should be part of the make.conf file
8 > beyond the USE settings and the INPUT_DEVICES setting?
9 >
10 > Final note: for my rebuild, I'm doing so on a separate partition, logged
11 > in there so it should be a clean environment to work in.
12 >
13 > Roger S.
18 On my system, this is the line that tells portage to pull in the
19 keyboard and mouse drivers:
20
21 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
22
23 This line tells it I use nvidia drivers:
24
25 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv"
26
27 Nothing in my USE line that would pull them it that I can see. That
28 should also work on yours if you have those in your make.conf. Also,
29 you should get the same result if you unpack the tarball then do a
30 emerge --sync. This isn't in the guide but as soon as I do the chroot,
31 I sync and do a emerge -uvDNa world to make sure everything is up to
32 date. After that I get all the portage helpers, gentoolkit, eix and
33 friends then go back to the guide. I'm not sure I would recommend that
34 to be in the guide but it is how I always do it.
35
36 Dale
37