From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Documentation/website in git?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:39:51
1 В Сбт, 18/09/2010 в 21:34 +0200, Tobias Heinlein пишет:
2 > Peter Volkov wrote, on 09/16/2010 06:46 PM:
3 > > Hi, guys. While there is some job required to move portage tree into git
4 > > it looks like moving documentation and web-site could be done much
5 > > easier.
6 >
7 > Yeah, git++.
8 >
9 > > Are there any plans to move on git? Was anything done in this
10 > > direction? This will simplify translator's job as we are planning to use
11 > > git that makes commits faster and allows us to ease workflow.
12 >
13 > Who is "we" in this case? The translators? If yes, has there been some
14 > discussion?
15
16 Yes, translators. And there was no discussion yet. Grand plan is to use
17 transifex and everything more or less works (testing version is on
18 transifex.gentoo.ru) but we are going to move on transifex.net and
19 update everything for upcoming transifex-1.x. Once done we'll announce
20 this since we'll need to attract translators and I guess this experience
21 could be of interest for others too.
22
23 > Also, how exactly does it ease workflow? Is there something specific for
24 > translating stuff that CVS can't do?
25
26 We need branches (for workflow - one for translators and one for
27 editors) and speed (it's pain to use CVS history to see changes) and too
28 many problems we are all well aware about :) CVS has no advantages for
29 documentation so may be we just move gentoo repository on git?
32 Peter.