From: KKH <knabberknusperhaus@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:44:09
1 please unsub me
4 --- Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> schrieb am Fr, 1.5.2009:
5
6 > Von: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
7 > Betreff: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
8 > An: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
9 > Datum: Freitag, 1. Mai 2009, 13:30
10 > Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> posted
11 > 49FA0A33.9010800@g.o,
12 > excerpted below, on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:29:39 -0700:
13 >
14 > > Now, on the forums and on our highly visible public
15 > mailing lists, I've
16 > > continually asked for help for years, wanting to get
17 > in some fresh new
18 > > talents to keep up with the English documentation.
19 > Unfortunately, since
20 > > I started helping write docs in 2005, we haven't
21 > seen a single new
22 > > dedicated English editor. Not someone who later
23 > becomes a developer, nor
24 > > a regular user from the Gentoo community.
25 >
26 > Hmm... it takes some people years to be ready.
27 > Unfortunately, for them,
28 > ready happens in its own time, and can't be rushed to
29 > any visible
30 > effect. Fortunately, those same folks tend to stick around
31 > equally long,
32 > and often see generations of others come and go.
33 >
34 > So don't get too discouraged over it. OTOH, having
35 > some of those faster
36 > evolving generations to help in the mean time helps with
37 > the load, and
38 > unfortunately as you said, that hasn't happened here
39 > either.
40 >
41 > --
42 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
43 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
44 > and if you use the program, he is your master."
45 > Richard Stallman