From: "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] /etc/conf.d/hwclock and /etc/conf.d/adjkerntz
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:43:49
1 El 12/09/11 16:29, Sven Vermeulen escribió:
2 > My main concern here is that there will be a place where the number of
3 > choices is too big.
4 When that happens we can always split the document and create new per
5 choice ones, that's what is done with the handbooks for example, true?
6 > Also, you'll risk getting a higher frequency on
7 > bug reports on such paragraphs.
8 Well I have to disagree with that, less more review documents will have
9 less bug reports than many less reviewed ones.
10 > Think for instance bootloaders, how
11 > would we deal with guides there?
12 I think the way we do is ok, I mean having different parts for different
13 bootloaders.
14 > I'm sure we do not want to generate
15 > separate guides for just all this sort of stuff (and then use
16 > keywords)...
17 We don't.
18 > What about making it generic (edit your clock management configuration
19 > like, like /etc/conf.d/hwclock on ... )?
20 Well this particular case offers the deal that the configuration to
21 change is the same (just in different places), the problem with generic
22 definitions is that they tend to confuse users, and if we specify a
23 single alternative then users of the others will get even more confused.