From: Arun Raghavan <arunisgod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2006.1 Handbook suggestions?
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:21:08
1 On 7/15/06, Arun Raghavan <arunisgod@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello Doc-Folks,
3 >
4 > On 6/8/06, Paul Waring <pwaring@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I don't know how useful this would be to other people, but one thing I
6 > > would like for the handbook is the ability at the start to select a
7 > > few options from a simple form saying what type of installation I'm
8 > > doing (x86, genkernel, lilo as the bootloader for example) and be
9 > > presented with a custom handbook that only shows the relevant sections
10 >
11 > This is actually a good idea -- I think the density of instructions is
12 > a little overwhelming. Any comments on feasibility? Might require some
13 > more fine-grained splitting of sections, but seems worth it in the
14 > long haul.
15
16 On second thought, there are only a few splittable sections that I
17 found -- did I miss anything?
18
19 ? Installation medium
20 * Network setup