From: Mike Bonar <mwbonar@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 03:09:56
Perhaps we could take a slightly different approach.  What if we changed our
standard install procedures to include placing /home on it's own partition,
adding a strong recommendation to the state1 and 2 documentation that new
users should begin with stage3 installs, and add a section to the doc for
rebuilding an installation without losing everything?  This would give new
users who start with stage3 installs with a path forward if they choose to
experiment with stage1 or 2 installs after the become familiar with gentoo.

Just a thought.

Mike