From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Regarding handbook/draft/complete
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:11:30
On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:28 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> - have a consistent release of the handbook to base it on (like 2005.1); > and have a freeze period where I know the handbook would not be updated > (except for critical fixes). Then plan for that, such as the print book > will be available (already printed) for 2006.2 (second quarter) by April > 1.
There will not be a 2006.2, ever. We switched to bi-annual releases last year. The first release is the first quarter, the second release is the third quarter. Part of the problem with freezing the Handbook is that every release, we improve the media in various ways, from adding further hardware support to streamlining processes. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead x86 Architecture Team Games - Developer Gentoo Linux