From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Review of Documentation Policy
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:44:36
1 On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:16:59PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >> The information on this page is very irrelevant and confusing to me,
4 >> as a developer.
5 >>
6 >> I don't know how many non-developer documenters we have. I don't know
7 >> what needs to happen to that text itself, but a section about how
8 >> current developers join the documentation team is important. Looking
9 >> at the page, a person must complete the staff and doc quizzes. For a
10 >> developer, it seems that the requirements should simply be 1) to have
11 >> become a developer and 2) completed the doc quiz.
12 >
13 > Documentation developers are also developers, but they do not need to be an
14 > ebuild-developer. If I look at the GDP current staffing, there are 8
15 > developers that are also ebuild developers (or infrastructure or another
16 > function within Gentoo) and 11 developers on the documentation (and
17 > translations) only.
18 >
19 > Requiring documentation developers to also take the ebuild and end quiz
20 > would be overshooting, as that is not something they require.
21 >
22 > Wkr,
23 >        Sven Vermeulen
24
25 Right, I'm saying for people who are already developers, they should
26 really only have to complete the doc quiz.
27
28 Matt