From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] A new lead
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 23:09:38
1 On 11/01/10 17:01, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > Hi guys. As of today, Xavier Neys (neysx) has been retired by infra.
3 > So we need a new GDP lead. I've been poking people about this for a
4 > year or so now on IRC, asking if anyone was interested in taking
5 > over. Most folks have told me to just go ahead and do it, since
6 > I've kinda had that role, as a de facto position ever since neysx went
7 > MIA a long, long time ago.
8 >
9 > However, if anyone else has the inclination, skillz, time, etc. to
10 > take on the leadership role, please speak up. Otherwise, I'll go
11 > ahead and take over the project.
12 Go ahead! You're motivated which is a good start. :)
13
14 > On another note, we need some fresh blood. Translators can always use
15 > some folks, but we need s'more English speakers besides me to fix
16 > bugs and patch docs.
17 >
18 > There's a recent discussion on moving to git from CVS; maybe such a
19 > move would lower the barrier to community contribution. If it would
20 > do so, I'm all for it. We desperately need the help.
21 >
22 Honestly? I don't think git will make that big of a difference, but a
23 wiki system would certainly make me want to contribute more. I always
24 mess up the syntax and it ends up taking me twice as long as it should
25 to do documentation, which is a real de-motivator. It's not that the
26 syntax is hard, it's just that I so infrequently do documentation that I
27 forget things. :/
28
29 Anyway, good luck, you have my vote for project lead.
30 -Joe