From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Directory for documentation-related files
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:04:17
Hi all

I've created a subdirectory "files/" that currently hosts one file
(genericmailsql.sql). This location is meant for files related to our

/But/ this location should not be abused. Don't use this for files that
eventually should make it in Portage (such as ebuilds) but are currently
only available through

It's use should be inspected carefully. For instance, for the
genericmailsql.sql file, this is a file that contains information on how a
database should look for one of our documents (virt-mail-howto.xml to be
exact). It's a part of the document and there is no better location for it.
It's also too big to be put in the document itself (copy/paste in Code

Translation teams shouldn't duplicate this files as long as there is no need
for translation (for instance, this SQL file shouldn't be translated). Just
link to the same location.

      Sven Vermeulen

PS This is due to

  Documentation & PR project leader