From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Referencing English files instead of translated ones
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:55:32
1 Hi all,
2 as I wanted to find out something I can slap rane (Polish translator)
3 with, I've written small script that checks if you are referencing
4 English file from other files even if you have given doc translated. My
5 simple script doesn't use metadoc.xml, so it will warn you if you have
6 some file in CVS but without metadoc.xml entry as well.
7
8 Anyway, I've found out that Polish docs were up-to-date while Czech ones
9 weren't (not my fault, they were added before I became Lead Translator
10 for CS), but don't laugh at me, they have been fixed :-).
11
12 In fact, it's not a script, only a simple line of bash, designed to be
13 run in gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/$LANG/:
14
15 for f in *.xml */*.xml; do grep -Rn en/`echo $f | sed "s:\./::"` .; done
16
17 Because it is so simple, it *will* report false positives, mainly
18 because of metadoc.xml's parent="/doc/en/metadoc.xml" and also index.xml
19 existing in several directories (in case you don't have them all
20 translated). Those reports could be quite easily tracked down, so I hope
21 you'll find it usefull (chiguire already felt the feelings while looking
22 at 85 lines of wrong references...).
23
24 HTH,
25 -jkt
26
27 P.S.:
28 I've just found two files under doc/pl not listed in metadoc.xml :-P
31 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth