From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Referencing English files instead of translated ones
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:55:32
Hi all,
as I wanted to find out something I can slap rane (Polish translator)
with, I've written small script that checks if you are referencing
English file from other files even if you have given doc translated. My
simple script doesn't use metadoc.xml, so it will warn you if you have
some file in CVS but without metadoc.xml entry as well.

Anyway, I've found out that Polish docs were up-to-date while Czech ones
weren't (not my fault, they were added before I became Lead Translator
for CS), but don't laugh at me, they have been fixed :-).

In fact, it's not a script, only a simple line of bash, designed to be
run in gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/$LANG/:

for f in *.xml */*.xml; do grep -Rn en/`echo $f | sed "s:\./::"` .; done

Because it is so simple, it *will* report false positives, mainly
because of metadoc.xml's parent="/doc/en/metadoc.xml" and also index.xml
existing in several directories (in case you don't have them all
translated). Those reports could be quite easily tracked down, so I hope
you'll find it usefull (chiguire already felt the feelings while looking
at 85 lines of wrong references...).

I've just found two files under doc/pl not listed in metadoc.xml :-P

cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth