From: Preston Cody <codeman@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Request for gentoo installer translation help
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:18:28
1 > > #: gli-dialog.py:80
2 > > msgid "make.conf"
3 > > msgstr ""
4 > >
5 > > #: gli-dialog.py:82
6 > > msgid "etc/portage/*"
7 > > msgstr ""
8
9 These are referring to titles of screens, not actual filenames. Even
10 so, I agree they really aren't needed to be translated.
13 > > #: gli-dialog.py:204 gli-dialog.py:234
14 > > msgid "Cannot open file "
15 > > msgstr ""
16 >
17 > Will there be a file name after this one? If so, and if possible, it
18 > would be very nice if translators could specify the placement of file
19 > name within string using eg. python style format strings.
20 >
21 > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:320 GLIGenDialog.py:1729
22 > > msgid " - Unallocated space ("
23 > > msgstr ""
24 > >
25 > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:322 GLIGenDialog.py:1731
26 > > msgid "logical, "
27 > > msgstr ""
28 > >
29 > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:326 GLIGenDialog.py:1735
30 > > msgid " - Extended Partition ("
31 > > msgstr ""
32
33 The hard part of combining these is that the strings can be mixed and
34 matched a whole bunch in the partitioning section. I'll see if I can
35 combine a few more of those together.
38 > How are these strings combined? I couldn't find any possible place by
39 > quickly browsing the screen shots.
40 >
41 > > #: GLIGenDialog.py:1792
42 > > msgid ": Settings: DHCP. Options: "
43 > > msgstr ""
44 >
45 > : in the start?
46
47 yeah that screen is all just one big string passed into a textbox,
48 with different segments with little translatable pieces in them. the
49 : is there for asthetic purposes. it lines up the columns.
50
51 > Where do I send the final translations? (I'm also wondering if there
52 > really should be some gentoo-nls mailing list for all non-doc
53 > translation and localisation stuff that goes around.)
54
55 you can send them to me if you want or a tracker bug, both work fine for me.
56 Thanks guys,
57 -Codeman
58 --
59 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list