From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Review of Documentation Policy
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:53:09
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:16:59PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
> The information on this page is very irrelevant and confusing to me, > as a developer. > > I don't know how many non-developer documenters we have. I don't know > what needs to happen to that text itself, but a section about how > current developers join the documentation team is important. Looking > at the page, a person must complete the staff and doc quizzes. For a > developer, it seems that the requirements should simply be 1) to have > become a developer and 2) completed the doc quiz.
Documentation developers are also developers, but they do not need to be an ebuild-developer. If I look at the GDP current staffing, there are 8 developers that are also ebuild developers (or infrastructure or another function within Gentoo) and 11 developers on the documentation (and translations) only. Requiring documentation developers to also take the ebuild and end quiz would be overshooting, as that is not something they require. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Review of Documentation Policy Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-doc] Review of Documentation Policy Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>