From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] rsync timeout and installation instructions
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:55:40
1 I have a user requesting me to update the installation instructions with a
2 paragraph or two about increasing the RSYNC_TIMEOUT variable if the user
3 receives a time-out even if he uses broadband access (due to too little
4 system resources).
5
6 I'm personally not in favor of this (too little users will really need this
7 information) and it's in the handbook already (when RSYNC_TIMEOUT is
8 discussed) although not that visible to the users.
9
10 As a compromise I can always put this in a FAQ but honestly, I don't think
11 this is a FAQ (it's the first time I hear about increasing RSYNC_TIMEOUT for
12 broadband Internet access).
13
14 Thoughts?
17 Documentation & PR project leader