From: Paul Waring <paul@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:45:41
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:32:50PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> What can the user do? Figure out where the circular > dependency is and manually solve it. Should the steps on how to do that be > added to the Stage1/2 install guide? I'd think not.
If it's a commonly-encountered problem with a known solution (or at least things you can try), why on earth wouldn't you want that in the documentation? If it's not there, you're going to have more users on the forums/IRC asking "why am I getting problem X?" (I've had circular dependancy problems with python in the past) and you can't exactly tell them to RTFM if there isn't one. It doesn't have to be in the handbook itself, a separate document would do, but if lots of people are experiencing similar problems it would be sensible, at least in my opinion, to have some sort of written documentation that they can look to. Paul -- Rogue Tory -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>