From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] why no Simplified Chinese version?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:40:15
1 On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:47:54 +0800
2 hao zhou <henryzhou.com@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'm a gentoo user in China mainland. As I noticed that there's no
5 > Simplified Chinese version documents, I wanna do some contributions
6 > for that. Although we have a Traditional Chinese version, many
7 > professional keywords are different. I believe that the Simplified
8 > Chinses translations can help more people live in China mainland start
9 > to learn gentoo. It's really a good distribution, isn't it?
10
11 Hi,
12
13 Of course it's the best distro around. :)
14
15 All the translations are really welcome, there's no problem with putting them at the page, and as polish lead translator i know that from my own experience.
16
17 Information about translating docs can be found in so called "translators howto":
18 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/translators-howto.xml
19 All the content of http://gdp.gentoo.org is also a must-read.
20
21 You submit docs to bugzie, operational manager (Xavier Neys, translations capo di tutti capi) checks xml carefully and commits them for you until you are ready to take lead translators position. :)
22 System works perfect, and there shouldn't be any problem.
23
24 Best regards,
25
26 £ukasz