From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] writing doc for logcheck
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:16:27
1 On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:39:37 +0100
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I wrote a draft doc for app-admin/logcheck, a replacement for logsentry
5 > that has a built-in database of rules and an active upstream. See
6 > <http://dev.gentoo.org/~phajdan.jr/logcheck.xml>. It would be great if
7 > it could become at some point a part of the official documentation. I'm
8 > the maintainer of the package and use it on about 3 Gentoo installations.
9 >
10 > What should I do to make it included in the official docs? I think one
11 > of the steps is filing a bug, but it seems that there may be some
12 > discussion first what is missing or wrong in the current draft, which
13 > may be easier to do in a mailing list and not bugzilla.
14 >
15 > Paweł Hajdan jr
18 The package also has to be stabilized on its architectures, as we don't document ~arch stuff.