From: Yos <yoswink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] rsync timeout and installation instructions
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:37:50
Hello everybody:

> > I'm personally not in favor of this (too little users will really need this > information) and it's in the handbook already (when RSYNC_TIMEOUT is > discussed) although not that visible to the users. >
Completly agree with your position. Too many users will have to make a little effort reading (or skipping) it and only a few ones will benefit from including the text. IMHO, no way to including the text into the handbook.
> As a compromise I can always put this in a FAQ but honestly, I don't think > this is a FAQ (it's the first time I hear about increasing RSYNC_TIMEOUT for > broadband Internet access). >
"F"recuently, that's the question. i have never heard anybody asking about it. I was three years (2000-2003) using gentoo with 56k modem (and spanish net really sucks) and never see that problem. IMHO, wait until a "relevant" number of users ask about it and then, put it into the faq without any problem. Kind regards. --------------------------------------- YosWinK Gentoo Spanish Doc Team -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list