From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 23:42:35
1 Sven Vermeulen posted on Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:16:35 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 06:18:07PM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
4 >> So, considering the idea of having a section added to "Working with
5 >> Portage"
6 >> called "Advanced Portage Features", this is what it could look like:
7 >>
8 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/docs/previews/hb-portage-advanced.xml
9 >
10 > Bug #396549 is used for tracking. I also added a section in it about
11 > /etc/portage/postsync.d.
12
13 Good.
14
15 I thought about suggesting a postsync.d mention too, but decided that it
16 might be old/stale cruft related to the ed catmur scripts that I used to
17 run that seem to be the basis of some of these recent portage extensions
18 (like /etc/portage/patches, and this one too, IIRC) as I didn't see
19 anything in the portage (5) manpage about it.
20
21 So unless the portage docs for postsync.d are there and I just missed
22 them, you/I/we might want to ask the portage folks about including the
23 documentation in the portage manpage as well.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman