From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 23:42:35
Sven Vermeulen posted on Sat, 31 Dec 2011 20:16:35 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 06:18:07PM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote: >> So, considering the idea of having a section added to "Working with >> Portage" >> called "Advanced Portage Features", this is what it could look like: >> >> > > Bug #396549 is used for tracking. I also added a section in it about > /etc/portage/postsync.d.
Good. I thought about suggesting a postsync.d mention too, but decided that it might be old/stale cruft related to the ed catmur scripts that I used to run that seem to be the basis of some of these recent portage extensions (like /etc/portage/patches, and this one too, IIRC) as I didn't see anything in the portage (5) manpage about it. So unless the portage docs for postsync.d are there and I just missed them, you/I/we might want to ask the portage folks about including the documentation in the portage manpage as well. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman