From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 19:11:19
On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 05:47:18PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> IIRC this (and /etc/portage/patches) was originally deliberately kept an > "undocumented feature", to avoid trouble with missing info in bug > reports, since emerge info didn't report package specific information.
This "/etc/portage/patches" thingie is something that the ebuilds must support themselves afaik (call epatch_user), although I can imagine a way to have it triggered for all systems by fiddling with /etc/portage/env too ;-)
> Now that portage has emerge --info <pkg> and it's what's requested in the > usual output when a build aborts (tho AFAIK bugzilla still mentions > emerge info output only), and the logs themselves are rather better at > reporting user patches (for the patches subdir), that's not so much of a > problem, and the portage documentation itself mentions both usages of the > env subdir (tho not the patches subdir since that's still ebuild > activated).
We might want to catch some bugzie admins then and suggest to update their page ;-) Wkr, Sven Vermeulen