From: "Michael A. Smith" <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Regarding handbook/draft/complete
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:33:39
1 Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
2 > Are you thinking about a print newsletter or print magazine?
3 >
4 > How often? Maybe quarterly? Or twice a year or more frequent?
5 >
6 > A print newsletter four times a year seems like a great and do-able idea.
7 > It could include:
8 >
9 > - content direct from the website (reformatted for print)
10 >
11 > - new how-to guides or articles (new Gentoo documentation)
12 >
13 > - and news items in the Gentoo project and Gentoo community since the last
14 > print edition
15 >
16 > What do you think a periodical should include?
17
18 I'd love to see a shiny sleek magazine about Gentoo, but I realize
19 that in the real world such things cost money and may not be
20 realistic. So that aside, I read a lot of Gentoo's documentation, and
21 I prefer to read it in print. So I'm always printing stuff out, which
22 means I'm spending money anyway. It might as well go to The Project.
23
24 I'm primarily interested in documentation, howtos, tutorials,
25 walkthroughs, that kind of thing. It changes frequently enough in
26 Gentoo to make it worthwhile to be a periodical.
27
28 :-)
31 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list