From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2006.1 Handbooks Status
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:08:41
David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 16:37 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote: > >> Anyway, all the handbooks are in place in /doc/en/handbook/ and in >> handbook/2006.1/. > >> Translators, start your engines! :D (oh yeah, and uncomment index.xml >> as translations are added) > > A quick question: I've been converting the Gentoo handbooks to Plucker > format[1] for some time now (not just a default conversion, but some > added sauce to make it more professional looking), and I don't run > Gentoo. > > I've been asking for a proper svn repo (a public one) where I can stay > updated and crank these out on an automatic basis. Has a public svn repo > been put up where I can retrieve these? I'd hate to keep pounding the > Gentoo sites with wget every day/week/month to update the local copies.
You have already asked about 4 months ago and the answer is the same. It will be ready when it's ready, and announced right after that. The only difference is you now have 4 months less to wait. Until then, you can easily check to detect changes. FYI, using Last-modified from the HTTP headers is *not* reliable on because one of the nodes sends the timestamp of its cache entry or the current time. Other nodes send the latest timestamp of all files used to do the XSL transform. The one from would be reliable but the XHTML is very different. Wkr, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / /\