From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Formatting <date> elements
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:52:34
> Now, if we want to tackle the date issue, we should first agree on a > format that is easy to process and readable when not formatted, e.g. > YYYY-MM-DD > Then we need to display them properly in all languages. We do not need > any full-fledged date/time formatting lib. > A simple function for each language will do. > I do not mind writing them once I get the specs from translators. > It would be nice to have dates displayed in a consistent fashion across > all docs & translations. It's really not the case the moment.
I have written a simple date formatting function that expects YYYY-MM-DD dates. It should know about all languages used on www.g.o. Please check All feedback appreciated, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ /\

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Formatting <date> elements Benny Chuang <bennyc@g.o>