From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:52:39
Josh Saddler wrote:
> AllenJB wrote: >> Is there a breakdown of tasks for updating the handbooks for autobuilds? > > This is something that I've brought up on this list all the way back at > the beginning of March[1]. > > As of right now, no one's bothered to reply on the list, nor respond > when I jump on to our IRC channel. > > But as I'm the only one doing any work these days, I have no idea when > the rest might be completed. As far as I know I'm the only one to even > start to consider all the things that need to be changed. > > [several points...] That's it for now, I guess.
To me this sounds like an issue that needs to be brought to the attention of the council. Having good documentation has always been one of the strengths of Gentoo. It would be sad to see that wither away because of lack of manpower or lack of interest. Maybe we need to do some targeted recruiting for the documentation team. Cheers, -- Ben de Groot Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc) Gentoo Linux Release Engineering PR liaison ______________________________________________________

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] Handbooks / Autobuilds: What needs to be done? Nathan Zachary <kalos@g.o>