From: Nandeep Mali <n9986.mali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] How are the docs written?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:20:15
On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Gunnar <gunnar@××××××××.se> wrote:
> Hello. > I'm new on this list and I have a simple question, how is the docs written? > Do you use any tools for generating the html or do you write it directly in > plain emacs/vi?
Hi, The Docs are written in GuideXML[1], an XML flavor designed for Gentoo Documentation. You can use your favorite editor to write it. It is rendered on the site using a tool called Gorg[2]. The Tips-n-Tricks[3] page gives more information on this. I suggest you to carefully read through the Documentation[4] page as well. [1] [2] [3] [4] Regards Nandeep