From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] /etc/conf.d/hwclock and /etc/conf.d/adjkerntz
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:29:50
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
2 (klondike) <klondike@g.o> wrote:
3 > Well what I want to ask here is how should we aproach this. As things stand
4 > now:
5 > The open rc upgrade guide mentions both (which is ok)
6 > The gentoo bsd guide just refers to adjkerntz (which is ok)
7 > The hand book refers only to hwclock (which is "ok" as long as there doesn't
8 > appears a gentoo-bsd handbook).
9 > Tthe localization guide still refers to the older clock one, here I'd like
10 > to say:
11 >
12 > If,
13 > for some reason, you need your hardware clock not to be in UTC,
14 > you will need to edit <path>/etc/conf.d/hwclock</path> (or if you
15 > use Gentoo BSD <path>/etc/conf.d/hwclock</path> and change
17
18 My main concern here is that there will be a place where the number of
19 choices is too big. Also, you'll risk getting a higher frequency on
20 bug reports on such paragraphs. Think for instance bootloaders, how
21 would we deal with guides there? I'm sure we do not want to generate
22 separate guides for just all this sort of stuff (and then use
23 keywords)...
24
25 What about making it generic (edit your clock management configuration
26 like, like /etc/conf.d/hwclock on ... )?
27
28 Wkr,
29 Sven Vermeulen