From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:08:17
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 03:01:04PM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Xavier Neys wrote: > > Of course, users reading a 2004.3 handbook should realise it's old, but they > > could at least be told it's not maintained anymore so that 1) they can read it > > with a grain of salt 2) they should not bother submitting bugs. > > IMHO that's against what SwifT said about fixing?
No, because we have an updated handbook (namely the 2005.3/current one). Unlike with articles of which we don't have an updated one, any bugreports against outdated handbooks can be marked as WORKSFORME/INVALID because it is fixed in the more recent ones. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Gentoo Foundation Trustee | Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | Gentoo Council Member The Gentoo Project <<< >>>