From: Camille Huot <cam@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Use of link attribute in <guide> tag
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:07:03
1 Hi Sven
2
3 There is no reference to the link attribute in neysx's trads.rb script that
4 I and some (I guess) of the translation teams use.
5
6 Best regards,
7 Camille Huot
10 On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
11
12 > Hi guys,
13 >
14 > If I look at the XSL files, we do not seem to have a dependency on the
15 > <guide link="..." /> usage anymore (I'm talking about the @link attribute).
16 > Running guides without the link tag doesn't seem to break stuff (there are
17 > already quite a few guides without @link). However, that doesn't mean there
18 > isn't any breakage outside.
19 >
20 > nightmorph suggested me that it might be possible that some translation
21 > teams are using this information within their own infrastructure for
22 > particular reasons.
23 >
24 > Can anyone check if they require this tag to be filled in (in the English
25 > guides)? If not, I'll be removing those attributes from the guides in
26 > /doc/en as well as remove references to it from guides such as
27 > xml-guide.xml.
28 >
29 > See also bug #379883 as some kind of "tracker" (for those not subscribed to
30 > the list or using a different escalation path ;-)
31 >
32 > Wkr,
33 > Sven Vermeulen