From: Jesse McNelis <jessta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] adding support for wikipedia links
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 09:21:20
On 9/2/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> On Saturday 02 September 2006 04:31, Jesse McNelis wrote: > > Doesn't sound like a good idea. > > plan on giving any sort of reasoning ? > > > the <uri> tag already allows for links to sites. > > i already stated this obvious fact in my e-mail > -mike > > >
If one was to add a tag for specifically wikipedia links then one may as well add one for specifically google, slashdot, sourceforge, etc. links too. Imagine trying to find all the URI links in a document when every domain has it's own tag. This would also mean more work on the DTD and XSL while offering no real benefits in terms of the explicitness of the markup. Just so you can avoid some quick cut and pastes.
the addition of a <wikipedia> tag would be useful? -- ===================== Dairy!* is back @ Running on the Wonderful Gentoo GNU/Linux Blog: Melbourne Wireless Node: GNE -- gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list