From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Handbook restructuring proposal
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 02:00:21
1 Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> posted 481B730A.5090904@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Fri, 02 May 2008 13:01:14 -0700:
3
4 > 1. It's obvious which handbook is for what, and it retains the release
5 > name.
6
7 This is something that had bugged me for quite awhile. Trying to help
8 when people refer to "the handbook" is made needlessly complicated, due
9 to having to try to figure out /which/ handbook, and the confusion if
10 people aren't referring to the same one.
11
12 So ++ from this user! =8^)
13
14 I'd still prefer merging them to the same "handbook" URL, tho, with
15 separate parts for networked and networkless installation. It would then
16 be clear that the other parts (Working with Portage, etc) are the same
17 and in general eliminate the possibility of folks seeing only one and
18 believing that's the "mainline" method of installation, even if they do
19 see the mention of and link to the other.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-doc@l.g.o mailing list