From: George Hedfors <george.hedfors@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Suggestion regarding compile order when emerging system
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:41:01
1 Well no, but I did this change before doing the actual bootstrap. I
2 followed the quick install guide and made changes to make.conf, then
3 completed bootstrap.sh and started emerging the system. Thats when it
4 happend. As there is a stage-installed perl version, when the library
5 tried to compile, it used the present perl version as it was dependent
6 on it. However, as the stage-installed version did'nt work with my
7 changes, i had to manually upgrade perl before i could emerge the rest
8 of the system. I'm sure other people will have the same problem and to
9 solve this, one way would be to reinstall perl somewhere in the very
10 beguinning of emerge system.
11
12 I'm just a stupid user trying to make life easier for others :).
13
14 Thanks, George.
15