From: Douglas Anderson <douglasjanderson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] This months GMN
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:01:05
1 Hi, I was in contact with Anant about with month's GMN. He sent me some
2 forwards and I spent about 4 hours getting some stuff rounded up. I got
3 quite a bit of it done and forwarded it back to him 5 days ago, but I now
4 realize he's away, so if there's any one else that could salvage this
5 month's newsletter, here's what I have:
6
7 Couple thing I wasn't sure about, as it was my first time:
8
9 * The song that was submitted needs to be preformatted (if you even want to
10 include the
11 lyrics in the body of the newsletter, that's up to you), but wrapping
12 in <pre></pre> labels it as code. Not sure how to work around that.
13
14 * I read the council meeting minutes, but couldn't really figure out when
15 the next meeting is scheduled for, probably better for you to ask a
16 council dev directly.
17
18 *I slightly reformatted and used a news item from
19 neddyseagoon's site which hasn't been released:
20 http://dev.gentoo.org/~neddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml<http://dev.gentoo.org/%7Eneddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml>.
21 I
22 emailed the trustees to check that this was OK but haven't gotten a
23 response. You'll probably want to check with Roy and make sure this
24 version is OK to ship.
25
26 *What should we do for tips? If you don't have
27 something lined up already, we could use one of
28 these?
29 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-715980.html
30 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-79791.html
31
32 Really, it's my first time doing this and I wasn't in contact with anyone so
33 there's probably a lot of little stuff that could be ironed out... but if
34 anyone has the time, let's not let it go to waste! :)
35
36 -Doug

200811-newsletter.xml text/xml