From: "Martin Skjöldebrand" <martin@××××××××××××.org>
To: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>, gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage3 better than stage1/2
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 05:25:26
1 On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 20:53 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Hi all
3 >
4 > Rac pointed me to the following thread:
5 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=254119
6 >
7 > In short, he advises to use stage3 even if you want to perform a stage1 or
8 > stage2 so that you won't have issues with things like circular dependencies
9 > (foo depends on bar which depends on foo) and files on your system that
10 > aren't registered in Portage' DB.
11
12 Only time I've seen this is with 2004.3 where automake depended on
13 autoconf, which depended on automake ...
14
15 What worked was doing an emerge of autoconf --nodeps, then continuing
16 with the installation.
17
18 Rgds,
19