From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Portage snapshot updates
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:13:37
Hi all,

On bug #68682 I've put two updates for the handbook which involves a change
of direction wrt the "emerge --sync"/snapshot stuff.

The last comment:

The above two patches update the installation instruction so that:

  - each user unpacks a portage snapshot (either LiveCD or downloaded)
  - each user either runs "emerge --sync" or "emerge --metadata"

However, the patches were written right before going to bed and even now
that I have slept enough nights, they're still my own writings (and you know
that debugging your own stuff is quite difficult :)

Could anyone take a look at the proposed updates? I'd like to incorporate
them asap.

      Sven Vermeulen

  Documentation & PR project leader

  The Gentoo Project   <<< >>>