From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Portage snapshot updates
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:13:37
1 Hi all,
2
3 On bug #68682 I've put two updates for the handbook which involves a change
4 of direction wrt the "emerge --sync"/snapshot stuff.
5
6 The last comment:
7
8 """
9 The above two patches update the installation instruction so that:
10
11 - each user unpacks a portage snapshot (either LiveCD or downloaded)
12 - each user either runs "emerge --sync" or "emerge --metadata"
13 """
14
15 However, the patches were written right before going to bed and even now
16 that I have slept enough nights, they're still my own writings (and you know
17 that debugging your own stuff is quite difficult :)
18
19 Could anyone take a look at the proposed updates? I'd like to incorporate
20 them asap.
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen