From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:28:01
1 On Wednesday 09 of November 2005 20:20 Arun Raghavan wrote:
2 > Call me an idealist, but this sounds too much like a "guilty until
3 > proven innocent" thing. I'm a "normal" Gentoo user, and had absolutely
4 > no trouble following the stage1 instructions. Let's leave the "the
5 > user is dumb" assumptions to Microsoft.
6
7 Problem is not about our users, problem is that the newbies shouldn't be
8 forced to solve Portage tree issues during installation.
9
10 > Instead, a prominent explamnation and warning about what doing
11 > so-and-so would entail would be good.
12
13 Please re-read the entire thread and swift's blog for reasons we're going to
14 deprecate stage1/2 installation.
15
16 WKR,
17 -jkt
20 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth