From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] About "Xfce Configuration Guide"
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 08:32:04
Hey guys,

I think maybe there is an unnecessary step in xfce-config.xml.

It is: "First, make sure you've setup Xorg as shown in the X Server
Configuration Howto."

If user strictly follow X Server Configuration Howto ( ), he would install the whole
xorg-x11 meta package, which is not necessary.

Since xfce4-settings already depends on xorg-server, so just emerge xfce4 would
be enough.

AFAIK, xfce guide is the only guide which mentions xorg guide among our four
DE/WM guides:

Or, instead of removing this step, how about we change it to "First, please
setup VIDEO_CARDS and INPUT_DEVICES variable correctly as described in X Server
Configuration Howto"?

Zhang, Le
Gentoo/Loongson Developer
0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-doc] About "Xfce Configuration Guide" Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
[gentoo-doc] Re: About "Xfce Configuration Guide" Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>